Monday, May 07, 2007

May 8 Notable Releases

A few of the 2,077 new and re-released albums coming out this week.

Björk -- Volta. Icelandic sprite settles down with Mutt Lange for a set of bubbly-supermarket pop... AS IF!!! "Earth Intruders" is bjeyönd, bjest.

Elliot Smith -- New Moon. Presumably the bottom of the unreleased barrel for Smith completists, this 2 CD set mainly contains outtakes and alternate takes from the pre-Either/Or era. Compiled by early Smith recordist and Tape-Op editor, Larry Crane.

Travis -- The Boy with No Name. Is this the return to form we've all been hoping for? Note, contrary to popular belief, Travis is not named for the 24-hour slider joint at 9 Mile & Mack.

Dolores O'Riordan -- Are You Listening? Honestly my little Cranberry... no, not at all.

Bone Thugs-n-Harmony -- Strength and Loyalty. You got harmony in my bone thugs! And you got bone thugs in my harmony! You got 1996 in my 2007! You got 2007 in my... well not really.

Detroit Cobras -- Tied and True. Another set of fairly obscure (and some not so obscure) '60's covers from Rachel Nagy and company. For me, the Cobras have never been quite the same without founder and current Fonda, Steve Shaw -- not sure if Little Steven agrees with me or not, but I kind of think he does.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home