Tuesday, July 10, 2007

July 10 Notable Releases

A few of the 1,794 new and re-released recordings coming out this week.

Interpol -- Our Love to Admire. I'm going out on a limb and predicting that this album sounds like Interpol which is cool, if you're into that kind of thing or are anti-serotonin.

Smashing Pumpkins -- Zeitgeist. If rumor, Billy and allmusic.com are to be believed, D'Arcy and Iha never played that much on Pumpkins recordings. In fact, I think they played as much on Siamese Dream as they did on Zwan. So why does their absence from this comeback bother me so much?

Spoon -- Ga Ga Ga Ga. What does a record geek in black plastic frames say when he gets his mits on the new Spoon album? BOW!

Danzig -- The Lost Tracks Of Danzig. Can you imagine how pissed Glenn got when they told him they lost his tracks?

Excuse me, ahh, Mr. Danzig?

WHAAAAT IS IIIIIIT?

Sir, I don't know how to tell you this, but it seems that somehow, we appear to have lost a few of your tracks.

RAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH!!!

Mr. Danzig, I can tell you're upset and I just want to assure you that we'll do everything we can to recover those tracks.

HEEEEEEEAADS WILL ROLL AAAAAAANNNNNND BLLLLLLLOOOD WILL BOIIIIIIIL!!!!! Hey wait, did you try undo, you know it's under edit I think and sometimes when I think I've erased something, I just punch the ole' undo and [pop] whammo, ya' get it right back.

Yeah, we tried undo, still can't find it.

NOOOOOOOOT EVVVVVEN ON THHEEEE TAAAAAAAPE BAAAAAAAACK UP DRIIIIIVE?

We're still trying to get that to work, but I'm concerned we just might not be able to recover the tracks.... hey while we're trying that out can I have the intern get your something? Maybe a shirt, something from Starbucks?

CARRRRRRMEEEEEEEL MAAAAAAACHIOTO.... WITH SPLEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNDA!!!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home